What is editing?
First Person editing and writing services are bespoke. But everyone gets the “royal treatment”. The First Person Editor works with Microsoft Word, PDF and LaTex conversions. Depending on your specific requirements, document preparation includes:
- spelling, especially where confusion exists between British and American spelling
- formatting in general, MS Word styles, headings, automatic tables of contents (TOCs), lists of figures and tables
- pagination (headers and footers)
- formatting to specific style guides, e.g. APA 7th or an academic journal’s guide for writers
- suggestions about content
- suggestions about structure
- formatting reference lists and citations (including cross-referencing of citations with the list)
- checking for consistency in content
- corrections to improve flow and clarity
- suggestions about adding impact
- target audience advice
- reducing word counts (up to 50%)
There are just too many jobs an editor does to list here. So, if you don’t see what you need on this list, don’t worry! To discover how the Editor can help with your project, pick up the phone or email.